Who are we?
Second Nature Asia Pacific Pty Ltd is an Australian owned and operated company based on the Gold Coast (Queensland, Australia). We provide quality, cost effective services in education, tours and travel and consulting throughout Australia, Asia, Oceania, North and Central America, North Africa and Europe. Our guides and facilitators are all experts in their fields! We provide exceptional experiences and opportunities for students and clients – developing a greater understanding of local, national and international affairs, and establishing a broad context for life-long learning for all.
Education on Culture & the Environment
Our Education services provide curriculum/ course-based incursions, excursions, camps and intra/ interstate travel programs for Australian-based and international schools and universities. We focus on a growing demand for professional education services, developed/ facilitated/ guided by industry experts in habitat-based field work, incursion-based presentations and cultural education programs (on Australian Indigenous/ Asian/ Pacific Island cultures). We offer programs for:
- Child Care Centres (Early Learning);
- Kindergarten/ Prep to Year 12 (Primary + Secondary);
- Undergraduate to Masters level (Tertiary);
- Special Interest groups (e.g. education study tours).
Travel & Guiding services
Our Travel services provide exceptional travel experiences for Secondary and Tertiary education groups, as well as special interest groups, to a variety of destinations through 32 countries. Our travel programs are all tailored to the specific experiences requested by each group. Our programs focus on:
- Cultural emersion
- Conservation/ livelihood development/ community development projects
- Community Action and Service
- Experiential/ first trip abroad
- Special interest (e.g. Missionary/ bush-walking/ traditional textile production/ bird-watching etc.)
We have local staff in each of the 32 countries where we currently provide programs, with each group always accompanied by a local and international guide. All our travel programs aim to improve local livelihoods and support conservation programs. There are many examples of specialist itineraries on our website.
Consulting & Capacity building
Our Consulting services provide our clients with professional, personalised service for the development and delivery of:
- Capacity-building programs for sustainable tourism, sustainable fisheries, climate change and environmental education;
- Protected Area Management plans;
- Tourism Management Plans;
- Tourism Training Programs;
- Environmental consulting e.g. Biodiversity surveys;
- Spotter-Catcher services etc.
We have a wonderful team of experienced, charismatic staff, all of whom draw from a wealth of practical and theoretical experience when working with groups in the field/ in-class. We have spent years developing an exceptional variety of environment and cultural-based programs throughout our three business components. All our programs and services provide value for money outcomes, and rich and meaningful learning experiences for participants. In October 2011, Second Nature Asia Pacific was awarded with a Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Award.